The Council of African Political Parties is a non-governmental organization established by 47 African Political Parties in the constitutive conference held in Khartoum, Sudan on 27/28 April 2013.
- The Objectives:-
- The Council acts as vehicle of cooperation and coordination between the Political Parties.
- Promote the culture of peace and the settlement of conflicts through peaceful means.
- The fight against poverty.
- Bodies of the Council:
- Standing Committee composed of 10 members + the President of the Council + Secretary General of the Council; the Committee meets twice a year.
- The Executive Committee, 30 members, old its meeting once a year.
- The General Assembly, conference is open to two Parties with the biggest representation in their Parliaments holds it’s meeting every four years.
- The General Secretariat is composed of the Secretary General, deputy S.G and four assistants:
- Assistant to the S.G for the African Organizations.
- Assistant to the S.G for the international and regional organizations.
- Assistant to the S.G for the Parties and wings.
- Assistant e to the S.G for the non-gouvernemental organisations.
- The Secretariat staff.
- The regional coordination Councils .
Wings of the Council :
- Youth Wing.
- Women Wing.
Specialized branches :-
- The Economic Council .
- The Media Forum .
The International and regional relations the Council has cooperation with :
- African Union .
- Pan-African Parliament .
- Council of Asian Political Parties (ICAPP) .
- the Latin American and Caribbean Political Parties (COPPPAL) .
- UNESCO .
- Climate and Ecological Alliance .